Administrative, Licensing, & Regulatory
What Type of Administrative Services Does Easler Law Provide?
- Business regulations
- Compliance regulations
- Zoning and land-use regulations
- Chemical testing regulations
- Work safety regulations
- Opinion Letters
- Regulation Violations
Administrative law is the law of agencies, governmental departments that are delegated to enforce and promote laws. If you work in or plan to enter a business that is regulated by governmental agencies you must comply with those agencies’ rules and regulations. The complex language and legal terms of art used in regulations can make compliance and navigating through the system difficult. This is where an attorney experienced in Administrative law can assist.
Compliance means adhering to governmental agency regulations and guidelines continually. The key focus of compliance is to prevent negative outcomes for companies and organizations and avoid violating regulations. Maintaining regulation within industries helps prevent harm to the public and the economy. There are many different aspects of compliance, such as drafting and amending policies, training employees, and staying up to date with new laws. Staying in compliance is for the company’s benefit. For example, if the company maintains an effective and compliant safety policy and continues to enforce it, not only will this compliance tend to reduce incidents of injuries at work, but it may reduce legal claims, improve workplace efficiency, and help retain employees.
Easler Law can help by simplifying and interpreting the intent of the regulations, charting a path forward in compliance with those regulations, and counseling on how to avoid violations. Our firm can help you comply with regulations including, but not limited to, the following agencies:
- OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
- DOT (Department of Transportation)
- FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)
- FAA (Federal Aviation Administration)
- FTA (Federal Transit Administration)
- FRA (Federal Railroad Administration)
- PHMSA (Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration)
- USCG (United States Coast Guard)
- DHS (Department of Highway Safety)
- DHHS (Department of Health & Human Services)
- SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission)
In addition, our team can help navigate through state and local administrative laws including:
- Zoning and Land Use Regulations: We can help comply with all federal and local laws, apply for zoning and use changes, and ensure a smooth process for the development and improvement of land.
- Chemical Testing Regulations: We can help ensure compliance with procedures for drug and alcohol testing regulations.
- Work Safety Regulations: We can assist with the implementation of safety procedures and policies that are compliant with federal and state requirements.
- Administrative Procedures: We can explain and review complex procedures that may be difficult to understand or to accomplish.
- Compliance Regulations: We can help maintain your company in compliance by detecting potential violations and minimizing risks.
- Business Regulations: We can assist with licensing and reporting requirements for regulated industries from local tax and occupancy permits to EDGAR filings for reporting issuers.
Our goal is to take on the burden of compliance so that you can focus on the main objectives of your business. Engaging an attorney with knowledge and experience in the field of administrative law and compliance is essential to prevent loss, lapse, or suspension of licenses, businesses, fines, and, in some cases, even imprisonment.
Governmental licensing is the official approval of you or your organization for a particular regulated activity. Licenses can be for something as common as driving a car to as rare as launching a satellite into orbit. Each license comes with strings attached, meaning there are initial requirements to be met prior to issuance and conditions that must be met on an ongoing basis to renew. Easler Law can assist with:
- Applications: We can prepare and file application forms and supporting documents that go along with applications.
- Appeals: In the event an application is denied or a license is suspended or revoked, our attorneys may be able to assist with appealing the decision, re-submitting a corrected application, and addressing the problem.
- Disciplinary Proceedings: We can provide representation for licensees in disciplinary proceedings when there is an alleged violation of the terms of the license
A few of the most common agencies we work with include:
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services)
- Florida Department of Health (DoH)
- Florida Division of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR)
- Florida Office of Financial Regulation (OFR)
Federal Regulations v. State Regulations
Specific industries may require compliance with federal regulations, state regulations, or both. Although federal law often supersedes state law, many state laws complement federal law. For example, if you are obtaining your Commercial Drivers License (CDL), you would be subject to federal regulations (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, in particular), however, it is the state (or territory or district) that officially issues the license, so you also would be required to follow the rules implemented by the authority issuing the license (such as the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles). As long as there is no conflict between the state and federal regulations, they can generally be applied simultaneously and concurrently. Organizations must ensure that they adhere to both federal regulations and state regulations. At Easler Law, we can guide you through compliance under both state and federal laws.
Why Choose Easler Law
Let Easler Law create a model for the strategies necessary for success in administrative, licensing, and regulatory compliance. Not only can our team help you organize but they will be cost-effective. We understand the importance of following standards and minimizing liability while safeguarding your reputation. Whether you need a full compliance plan or just need help with drafting a policy or applying for a license, we are here to help.
Learn more about Administrative, Licensing, & Regulatory
Can you imagine spending years of your life working to build the perfect image of your company, products, or services only to realize that you cannot successfully protect the brand that you have so carefully built? That is where the importance of selecting a trademark...
All businesses are started with an idea, and it only takes one person to believe in that idea before business planning commences. Before any work can be done to make that idea a reality, it is very important that some pre-incorporation planning take place. The...
Lower Premiums and Higher Payouts: How Survivorship Life Insurance Policies May Help in Estate Planning
Key Takeaways: Survivorship life insurance offers greater death benefits at lower costs than typical life insurance because the benefits are not paid until two or more policyholders have died. Because survivorship life insurance lists someone other than the decedent’s...